Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Syllabus

It's been so long since I've written a blog post, partially because each blog post takes so much time for me to write.  I've decided to change my blog a bit, so I will hopefully post more often this year.  I will keep things simpler by just posting things that strike me as interesting, rather than waiting until I have a collection.

Now that I've completed my Intro 2 assessment, I can start working on the Junior 1 poses.  I don't know these poses as well as I know my Intro poses, so I know fewer techniques for them.  This is another reason I decided to change the format of my blog.

Today's pose is Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana - standing split.  I learned this from Rebecca Lerner in Houston last year. 



I was somewhat miffed that I didn't think of this one on my own.  I've done Uttanasana with my back against the wall - why did I never think of doing UPEP with my back against the wall?  Anyway, I decided to add a strap to the top leg, both to turn the leg in as well as lift it up.  I'm pulling with the opposite arm to get the leg higher.

Happy Practicing!



             

1 comment: